The city of Atlanta has the eleventh largest urban population in the United States. In Atlanta’s ten county metropolitan areas, many towns and communities contribute to its unique character and size. One of the finest of these is the city of Sandy Springs.
Aberdeen Forest Real Estate
Sandy Springs is located to the north of downtown Atlanta and just southeast of the city of Roswell. A part of Sandy Springs lies inside Atlanta’s perimeter highway (Interstate 285) and part lies outside I-285. Originally an unincorporated community, Sandy Springs became a city in December of 2005 and is now the sixth largest in the state of Georgia. Recently named by Portfolio.com as the ninth most affluent area in the United States, Sandy Springs households have a median income of $71,592 with a little over 17 percent of its households earning $200,000 or more.
In addition to proximity to excellent business services, some of the finest medical centers in the Southeast and vital shopping centers and malls, Sandy Springs offers its resident’s public transportation through bus service and the MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) rail line. Sandy Springs is also convenient to GA 400 and I-285 as well as I-75. Residents are within a thirty minute commute of employers in Atlanta, Marietta and Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Residents love the combination of all the urban conveniences and quick access to downtown Atlanta while living in lovely suburban neighborhoods with privacy plus beautiful trees and landscaping.
Sandy Springs offers a wealth of amenities for the city’s residents including:
- Abernathy Arts Center: classes and workshops; exhibits
- John Ripley Forbes Big Trees Forest Preserve: plant and wildlife sanctuary and walking trails
- Sandy Springs Tennis Center: Tennis Magazine names this “one of the finest public facilities” in the nation with its 24 lighted courts — a real Atlanta tennis gathering site
- Sandy Springs Farmers Market: every Saturday from April to December
- Sandy Springs Historic Site and Park: free concerts and events
- Sandy Springs Parks and Recreation: Twelve public parks/green space areas
- Morgan Falls Overlook Park: 27 acres on the banks of the Chattahoochee River with a playground, large picnic pavilion, walking trails, boat dock and public restrooms.
Aberdeen Forest is a lovely wooded neighborhood of approximately 100 homes that were built in the 1960’s. Like many older metro Atlanta neighborhoods, there have been some older homes removed and newer, larger custom homes built on the same lot in their place. This is a stable neighborhood of long-term residents. Subdivision amenities include:
- Underground utilities
- Home Owners Association: keeps residents informed on zoning and road construction information, garden club news and social functions. They also host Christmas and Fourth of July parties.
- High Point Elementary School, Ridgeview Charter Middle School and Riverwood Charter International High School, the number one ranked high school in Fulton County.
The median list price of homes offered for sale in this neighborhood is $680,000. Homes for sale in Aberdeen Forest currently range from $449,000 to $1,199,000,
Aberdeen residents love their neighborhood because it is quiet and private enough to be a great place to take daily walks, yet so close to Perimeter Mall, GA 400 and I-285 they can get to major shopping and medical facilities quickly. The schools are excellent and Sandy Springs offers a great community life for those who wish to get involved. To learn more about these Aberdeen Forest properties and Sandy Spring real estate, contact Sharp Real Estate Services. We are ready to help you with all of your real estate needs.
Aberdeen Forest Homes For Sale
View all Aberdeen Forest neighborhood
Sorry, but we couldn't find any results in the MLS that match the specified search criteria.