Beautiful metropolitan Atlanta is a multi-county collection of populations and communities that make up this diverse and vibrant city. The city of Sandy Springs, Georgia’s sixth largest, is part of the greater Atlanta metropolitan area while being a vibrant and unique city in its own right. While many cities define themselves as being either inside or outside of the I-285 perimeter highway that surrounds Atlanta, Sandy Springs lies on both sides of the highway. That offers advantages and opportunities for its residents.
Real Estate in Broohaven Lakes
The city of Sandy Springs extends from Windsor Parkway near the Brookhaven city limits inside the perimeter to the Chattahoochee River north of I-285 outside the perimeter. It covers 356 miles and has a population of around 98,000 residents. This is an affluent community with a median age of 41 that Portfolio.com recently named of the top ten most affluent areas in the United States.
Residents choose to live in Sandy Springs because they can find beautiful and affordable homes in wonderful neighborhoods that offer private and peaceful environments that are within easy access of every possible urban service and amenity. The availability of public transportation, excellent public and private schools, easy access to interstate highways and the world’s busiest airport are also pluses. Sandy Springs also has twelve different parks and recreation areas as well as an arts center, tennis center, forest preserve and historic park site. Residents can participate in as many or as few community activities as they choose then go home to peace and privacy.
Sandy Springs residents who prefer to live inside the perimeter closer to Brookhaven and Buckhead should consider a home in the prestigious gated community of Brookhaven Lakes. A collection of approximately 46 traditional or European style luxury homes, these elegant estates are carefully situated on their well-landscaped, picturesque yards for maximum privacy as well as lovely lake and views.
Brookhaven Lakes is located just north of Windsor Parkway on Peachtree Dunwoody Road, with easy access to I-285, GA 400 and Peachtree Road. The neighborhood is composed of three cul-de-sac streets: Trimble Walk Lane NE, Trimble Crest Drive NE and Trimble Lake Court. These custom luxury homes were built between 2000 and 2012 and most feature four to seven bedrooms with three to seven full bathrooms and one to two-half baths. List prices on these Sandy Springs homes typically range from $924,000 to $2,795,000.
Brookhaven Lakes residents enjoy all the amenities that Sandy Springs has to offer from its location inside the perimeter. These include, but are not limited to:
- Ridgeview Park nearby: playground, picnic pavilion, nature trails
- Lynwood Park nearby: recreation center with varied activities, playgrounds, tennis courts, ball fields, picnic shelters, playgrounds, swimming pool, tennis courts and
- community activities
- Cowart Family/Ashford Dunwoody YMCA: indoor swimming pool, workout room, programs and classes, special community events.
- YMCA Soccer Fields on Windsor Parkway at Peachtree Dunwoody Road
- Public Schools: High Point Elementary, Ridgeview Charter Middle School, Riverview International Charter High School (top rated school in Fulton County)
- Private Schools: The Epstein School, Pace Academy, The Galloway School, Marist School, Mount Vernon Presbyterian School, St, Martin’s Episcopal School
- Chastain Park Amphitheatre: concert series and summer movies
- Capital City Club: private Brookhaven country club offers golf, tennis and swimming
- Peachtree Golf Club
- Luxury shopping at Lenox Square Mall and Phipps Plaza
- Additional shopping at Perimeter Mall with 200 stores
- Dozens of area restaurants, cafes and bistros
- Dine-in theaters, art film theaters and multiplex cinemas
- Symphony Hall and the High Museum of Art in Midtown
Brookhaven Lakes has an active Homeowners Association with a $2000 annual fee. To make an appointment to see one of these listings, contact our realtors at Sharp Real Estate Services. We can assist you with all of your Sandy Springs real estate needs and help to answer any questions that you and your family may have about this wonderful neighborhood.
Brookhaven Lakes Homes for Sale
View all Brookhaven Lakes neighborhood
$1,249,000 : 510 Trimble Lake Court, Sandy Springs5 beds, 6 baths
$1,095,000 : 605 Regency Forest Court, Atlanta5 beds, 5 baths
$1,495,000 : 230 Trimble Crest Drive, Atlanta5 beds, 5 baths
See all Real Estate in Brookhaven Lakes.
(all data current as of 2/23/2018)
Data last updated: 2/23/18 6:32 AM PST.
Walk Score provided by walkscore.com.