Dynamic metropolitan Atlanta is a sprawling city encompassing ten counties and multiple cities and communities in its population area. Sandy Springs to the north of downtown Atlanta is one of the largest of those cities. It is, in fact, Georgia’s sixth largest one. Incorporated as a city in December of 1985, the land area of Sandy Springs spreads from north of Atlanta’s I-285 perimeter highway to south of it almost to the town of Brookhaven and the Buckhead community of Atlanta.
Real Estate in Gates at Glenridge
Sandy Springs is a popular residential area for Atlanta’s affluent residents who desire private, quiet neighborhoods of quality-built luxurious homes, yet still desire an active, urban lifestyle. Sandy Springs is a city with vital businesses and a wide variety of service industries, many shopping centers including fabulous Perimeter Mall with its 200 shops and restaurants plus multiplex cinema, and an active Parks and Recreation Department that oversees twelve different parks throughout the city.
Residents of Sandy Springs average a median household income of around $72,000. The median value of a single family home in the city is $486,500. More than 17 percent of the city’s population has a household income far above average, prompting Portfolio.com to name Sandy Springs the ninth most affluent area in the country.
Located in Sandy Springs north of the perimeter and west of GA 400, Gates at Glenridge is a private community of executive homes with open floor plans and custom detailing in their construction. Gated for security and peace of mind, this neighborhood has only one entrance off of Glenridge Drive just south of Abernathy Road. This limited access assures that traffic in the neighborhood is limited to residents and their guests for great privacy and safety.
Earth Craft developed the exceptional homes in Gates at Glenridge in 2003 with an average of 4,500 square feet of living area. These houses include three car garages, hardwood floors as well as carpet, coffered or trey ceilings, finished basements, chef’s kitchens, built-in shelving, fireplaces, custom cabinets, granite countertops, oversized master suites, walk-in showers and garden tubs.
There are 66 homes in Gates at Glenridge. The lots range in size from a third of an acre to one half of an acre. The homes are priced in the high $800’s. HOA annual dues here are $950. The neighborhood is in a perfect setting to offer an urban lifestyle with private yards at home and Southern comfort in your home. There are good schools available for your children and excellent amenities within a ten minute drive in any direction. These include:
- Sandy Springs Tennis Center: 24 lighted courts
- Hammond Park: gym with year round gymnastics instruction, game room, AstroTurf soccer field, lighted tennis court, basketball courts, picnic pavilions, two playgrounds and restrooms
- Steel Canyon Golf Course: an 18 hole par 61 course, lighted practice facility, practice chipping and putting green, golf camps and PGA instruction
- Big Trees Forest Preserve: walking trails and wildlife sanctuary
- Sandy Springs Public Library
- Abernathy Square Shopping Center: Publix Grocery, Starbucks, and Dantanna’s Restaurant
- Sandy Springs Promenade Shopping Center
- Sandy Springs North Shopping Center: Trader Joe’s Grocery, Marshalls
- Many fantastic restaurants
- Perimeter Mall: 200 stores, boutiques, restaurants and bistros; multiplex theater
- Public Schools: Woodland Charter Elementary, Sandy Springs Middle, and North Springs High
- Private Schools: The Weber School, Mt. Vernon Presbyterian School
If a custom built home with true Southern charm and elegance, mature landscaping and gated privacy is what you seek, then Gates at Glenridge is a neighborhood you should visit. Contact our professional staff at Sharp Real Estate Services today to learn more about these homes and other Sandy Springs real estate. They will assist you will any questions about your estate needs, and will be happy to sit down with you to discuss more about the homes for sale in Gates at Glenridge.
Gates at Glenridge Homes for Sale
View all Gates at Glenridge neighborhood
$1,250,000 : 565 Glengate Cove, Atlanta7 beds, 7 baths
$869,900 : 530 Glengate Cove, Sandy Springs5 beds, 5 baths
See all Real Estate in Gates at Glenridge.
(all data current as of 9/25/2017)
Data last updated: 9/25/17 1:02 AM PDT.
Walk Score provided by walkscore.com.